Monday, July 30, 2007

Sea Lions and redwoods here I come!

I'm off for 10 days to northern California, to my favorite place on earth. My grandmother used to live there and I grew up visiting her...dramatic sea cliffs, gorgeous ocean vistas, and the best smell in the air EVER...I wish I could bottle it up and bring it home with me. Husband and Center of Attention are camping out for two nights on their way up there and I'm going on an airplane with The Two Year Old...she's horrible in the car and it's a 10 hour drive, so airplane it is! I'll be blogging from up there. I plan to spend good time with my crazy family (parents and brother) as well as reading and journaling. Because this is the beginning of the trip, I'm romanticizing it...but sure enough, it will spiral...there's just a bit too much wine drinking at night (mostly my dad and brother) and Husband likes to stir the pot with inflammatory questions and topics of conversation and then I add to the drama with being over-sensitive....hmmm...will I be able to survive 10 days? Luckily there is space...and everyone does tend to mellow out up there...it's just a lot of family time, if you know what I mean. But oh, the beaches and the tidepools! The squishy sea anemones! The wild windswept meadows and fields of llamas and geese....deep breath. I can't wait.

6 comments:

Gannet Girl said...

Someplace I've always wanted to go! Have a wonderful (and peacfeul!) time.

Iris said...

sounds lovely! Can I stow away?

Terri said...

Oh, sounds divine, family stuff and all!

Diane M. Roth said...

I've always wanted to go, too (only been to San Francisco). Hope you can post pictures!

I hear some of those places are dog-friendly, too.

Diane M. Roth said...

well, I tried to leave a comment before, but I guess I didn't. Just wanted to say I would like to go there sometime too.

Do they take dogs?

Grace thing said...

Diane,
I'm staying in Gualala, California. My grandmother's old house that my parents now have. It's a beautiful town...close to the Sea Ranch, which you may have heard of. There are many rentals and I'm sure many of them take dogs! :)