Friday, December 14, 2007

The Ghost of Christmas Present

Sigh of relief. Last night's disc. meeting went so great. The group is really feeling comfortable together and conversation flowed. The reason it went well, the main reason, is that I wrote a spiritual autobiograhy to share. I read it aloud. It was just what we needed because it forced me to put into words things they had to know. I had to take control and choose to share with them a lot. Then they had so much more to go off of...so many good questions. The practice itself of writing a spiritual autobiography was so good for me, but so so difficult! So hard to organize into coherent thoughts. So hard to really tell the truth. But I did it and now I feel like we're really in discernment together, instead of tip-toeing around the edges.

Regarding the play, I'm making myself push through and do it. My impulse was to keep up my brave face and not let the others in, but I ended up confessing how terrified I was to the director. So that's good.

Christmas is upon us and I yearn to be PRESENT in the next weeks...to my family, to the advent, to others, to the food :)

presence to you all,
me

2 comments:

RevDrKate said...

Brava! Brava! I find that honesty and transparency, terrifying as those things are, really are mostly the good choice, the freeing choice.

Prayers for presence....

Diane M. Roth said...

ditto....