Thursday, April 26, 2007

In the beginning...

This is such an experiment. Why does it feel risky? I have no idea who will ever read this, if anyone, because I have no intention of telling anyone I KNOW about it. I want YOU to read this, dear strangers. I want to document this time in my life and connect with others out there on similar journeys. So first, my name. Why "Grace-thing"? I was listening to a beloved minister preach one Sunday morning and he was talking about the word Charisma. He said it translated (from what, Greek?) to Grace thing. And he appealed to us to figure out what our grace thing was. And it has stayed with me ever since. And I'm still trying to figure it out. Wow this feels so weird. I should just think of it as a journal entry, but I'm so aware that others might read it, but the reality is that no one will for quite some time so I should just relax. I'm an actress turned mother turned Episcopal priest wanna-be, so that about sums me up. I'm trying to figure out this "sense of call" I feel and I'm considering beginning the official ordination process which seems very daunting. I'm a "progressive Christian" with serious issues with both that label as well as its conservative counterpart. {pause} Okay, I just looked up Charisma in the dictionary and it said "divinely appointed gift or spiritual power." Now I sound rather presumptuous. I like grace thing better. So I'll stick with it. That's it for my intro. I feel shy. More later...

1 comment:

Jenner said...

seems a noble calling to find a grace thing...for all of us. strength for the journey!