Saturday, January 12, 2008

I have one!

oh my gosh. I'm so lucky. I have one in my house! I have one to myself! I have a toddler! And I am not writing with any sarcasm, believe it our not. I have in my own house a little dimple-wristed girl with soft baby shampoo smelling hair with huge, I mean, huge saucer blue eyes and pouty little lips. I have a little toddler with a squawky heart melting voice...mispronouncing everything, attempting at singing, which sounds like a baby whale moaning. too cute. I have a sweet-breathed teeny human in my house who....guess what....loves me more than anything in the world! Her bottom is unspeakable in its perfection and ice cream scoop-ness. Triple scoop. Her belly sticks out of everything. It is so easy to make her laugh. And to make her cry. She is utterly ticklish. When she's asleep she is transformed from her mischievous self into an angel of peace.

You know those moments when grace pierces your life and you realize for just one second what you have? I've just had one of those moments.

Stay tuned for the next post, which I'm sure will be the other extreme of having a toddler. But for tonight, I am forever grateful and want to freeze time.

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Those times are so precious...really lovely to read about your love affair with your daughter...and wry sympathies for the moment when the bubble bursts again and you're left confronting the toddler "No!".

Terri said...

sigh. yes. These years will fly by, even as they may seem endless...

Jan said...

Treasure those sweet moments and keep writing about them!

RevDrKate said...

This is so sweet...just loving seeing her through your eyes.