Sunday, June 1, 2008

Day One

Okay, just to make me a more consistent blogger, and because I have more time at night since hubby is away, I am committing to writing one entry for every 14 days I'm on my own with the girls. Just for kicks.

So, today went pretty well. Full of good stuff! Church this morning, then dropped the girls off for a playdate and I went with my friend to a local recording studio in town that offers free 20 minute recording sessions once a month. We recorded a favorite song and had a blast. Mind you, the result is far from stellar, but it was so much fun to sing and get it on a cd.

Then put the wee one down for a nap and my older one and I began planting a mini vegetable garden. Fun! We'll see if anything grows.

Talked to hubby and he is safely in NYC, happy as a clam.

I'd been having huge mood swings before he left. Glad he's gone so I can get on with this and now I'm excited for the two weeks and gee, he'd sure like me a lot better now. We've been married 9 years and we're at a point where things are just way too comfortable. I know this is natural, but I still struggle to be my best self with him. It seems lately I've been my worst. So right now (I know, I'll be singing a different tune come Day 10) I'm looking at these two weeks as a gift. How am I different with the girls when it's just me every day? How am I at home, in my everyday tasks. So far, I've been WAY more on top of things with him gone. But again, that's natural since I have to be now.

All for now. Bonne nuit.

3 comments:

Iris said...

The recording sounds like a blast! WHat are you going to grow in your garden? I've got some tomatoes nad herbs going in containers.

Grace thing said...

I'm planting carrots, yellow bell peppers, tomatoes, eggplant, serrano peppers, and lettuce. And a bunch of herbs and big sunflowers. I know....a little ambitious for a novice. Hopefully the birds, snails, gophers and deer will share.

RevDrKate said...

Good for you! It will be good to hear from you daily. Sounds like you are having fun....the garden sonds very impressive and the recording sounds fun. Looking forward to your next entry!