Sunday, February 17, 2008

rambling roaming rhetoric

I'm frustrated with my church today. They don't preach at my church. They intellectually unpack conservative theology. At least that's how I feel today. I'm so tired of the intellectualizing and the unpacking...what happened to preaching? Maybe this isn't the place to serve as a lay leader. grumph. Maybe it is just the place for me, but not feelin it today.

I'm excited about Obama.

I'm having a baby pang. How can this be?? Make it stop, someone. It's only because my two year-old is almost three. I knew it would come around now, even though I SWORE I could never do the baby thing again. And I won't. Our family feels complete, but must confess the pang I've been feeling this week. This would completely stall the momentum that's going on regarding school/career. It's just a pang.

I took my 5 year-old to Disneyland for the first time a few days ago. It was MAGICAL. So wonderful to experience it through her eyes. Just too cute.

8 comments:

Iris said...

You know what helped me when I had that "pang" after our second child?

My husband's vasectomy. Just sayin'.... :)

Grace thing said...

LOL. You're right!

Di said...

xoxoxo to you, dear.

In my church, we "intellectually unpack liberal theology." This isn't much better, even if it is more in line with my perspectives.

Baby fever here, too. Might just give in this year.

And gracie-- I'm very, very excited about Sen. Obama.

Grace thing said...

Mrs M - I think my church is same as yours...it is liberal theology that is discussed, but "unpacks" more conservative (traditional and "orthodox") notions.

Diane M. Roth said...

hmmm. I don't think I "intellectually unpack" liberal or conservative theology, but I'm interested in a discussion of preaching.

hang in there! I had pangs, but I had a husband who just said, "no."
plus, I'm old. that helped.

imngrace said...

I get frustrated at my place, too. We have two pastors. One can preach and the other one, well, tries. I have been very blessed to have been fed richly by one pastor for the past two weeks. I find it hard to attend when I know the other one is preaching. That's wrong, I know, but it's how I feel about it. I'm very thankful to hear the Gospel clearly proclaimed often. I'd go nuts if I had to bear the brunt of "unpacking" each week. I hope you hear some Gospel soon.

Terri said...

Ah, the baby pang...

Sorry about the preaching.

RevDrKate said...

Obama rocks! And I seriously hope I am not falling off too much into unpacking...sometimes I think the preacher is the last to know...sigh.