Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunshiny Day

Today we celebrated my daughter's 5th birthday. She's been counting down for DAYS. It was a glorious day. And she is too wondrous. (and highstrung). but so am I. Wondrous and highstrung. :) We had a birthday party tonight and the house was full of gorgeous 5 year old girls. And my 2 year old was in HEAVEN. And as she slyly stole all their food and goodies out of their goodie bags, they readily forgave her. Because they love her. And she is utterly loveable, even in all her mischief and nakedness (she REFUSES to keep her clothes on...AT ALL.)

So I'm exhausted. Husband is out delivering extra birthday cake around the neighborhood. I ordered a quarter sheet. They made a half sheet by mistake. So we got a lot of cake.

Today is unusually warm. (apologies to those of you reading this from the chilly region of the midwest!) I'm going to bundle up, grab a blanket, lay it out on the grass and lie down and look up at the stars. They are BRIGHT tonight and the frogs are so LOUD in the creek far below and the night is so beckoning. I'm going to listen to the music of the night.

Then I'm going to make a pot of tea (not feeling so well) and crawl into bed and flip through Lenten prayers cause I'm in charge of finding opening and closing prayers for our Lenten series.

Good night.

4 comments:

RevDrKate said...

I'm so loving thinking of you out there on your blanket looking at those stars (of which we are the dust). Your day sounds wild and wonderful and exhausting, your daughters the same! Trying not to have too much sunshine and warm envy....

Iris said...

Happy Birthday, 5 year old!

Di said...

What a great day (barring the not-feeling-well part). Thanks for sharing it with us.

Terri said...

I remember those glorious days of birthday parties and naked children...only my sons mischiveousness was not so well loved by his older sister who wanted everything to be just right...sigh...

I can't wait to leave the cold snowy midwest and enter the warm south west where I too will be able to view the stars in the night sky...